One of the best things you can do for your family - is to always have a first aid kit ready and fully stocked.
Put it by the front door ready for your summer trips to the beach, mountains or just a quick hike. I recommend not leaving it in the car because of the heat affecting all of the products. Here is my go to list for help and care of the body. These are my top ten to have in the bag and ready to go but there are other items you could include as well.
1. Arnica - both pills and cream to rub on the body - 30X or 30 C is a good dose for most problems
Arnica is used for trauma to the body (i.e. bike accidents, sprains, bruises, cuts, muscle strains,etc..) - use immediately.
2. Apis - another wonderful homeopathic remedy like arnica - for bee or wasp stings or really any bite or swelling from an insect! It is also great for itchy skin in animals and humans, including hives!
3. Nux Vomica - use for nausea (car sickness), tummy upsets, headache or insomnia.
4. Calendula cream - for skin rashes, burns - an alternative can be aloe vera gel or spray, especially to soothe sun burn.
5. Sun care cream or lotion - get one with the most natural ingredients - Aubrey or Badger or Green Goddess are good!
6. Band aids/Sterile gauze/scissors
7. Antiseptic cream containing - goldenseal,comfrey,calendula and possibly echinacea
8. Bug spray - natural with no DEET - try Quantum's Buzz Away
9. Poison Ivy soap - Marie's is one of the best
10. Lastly, some kind of packets to mix easily with water for dehydration such as Emergency C or Trace Minerals
Always carry plenty of water (don't forget the dogs - :-), hats for protection and energy bars to keep your blood sugar balanced (homemade is best - try this Recipe
Herbs and Things
Have tried most of what I write about in these articles.